Login

Batik Quilt

Status: Complete
Made For: Michael
Size: 72" x 96"
Pattern Name:

Project Gallery

Project Items

Mar
21
2012

Leftover Bali Pops

I put this quilt together from lots of leftover Batik strips from several different projects. I didn't really use the pattern but here is what I did. I put pairs of strips together. Each pair made 4 blocks that finished at 6". I wanted to set the blocks 12 x 16 to make a 72" x 96" quilt. This quilt is for my nephew, Michael, who is a very tall guy!

I needed a total of 192 blocks so that's 48 pairs of strips or a total of 96 strips.

Here is what the 6" block looks like.

These are the blocks arranged on the design wall. the little square dots on the blocks to the far left are numbers. This is how I keep track of the rows as they are stitched together.

Here is the quilt being quilted on my Gammill Classic.

The quilting pattern I used is called Swirling Waters by Munnich Design.

Close up of the quilting.

More close-up quilting.

Finished quilt.

Mar
26
2012

It's Finished!

Today I finished the binding on this quilt. For the binding I used 5 different batik fabrics in browns. Tomorrow I will attach the label. This quilt will be shipped off to my nephew in New York sometime next week.
Order Miche Bag Online!